This privately owned international medical communications group provides global and national experience and support to the pharmaceutical industry. This Agency has gone from strength to strength over the last few years and has built a strong client base as a result of its excellent service and high standards of work. They are now looking for an Account Director to work with a team in one of its divisions.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE:
As an Account Director you will be responsible for the provision of scientific and commercial expertise to pharmaceutical clients. More specifically you will take responsibility for
• Client /Professional relations – develop and manage relationships with clients as well as with medical opinion leaders
• Project management – contributes to the development of strategic marketing plans through keeping abreast of key scientific and marketing information in specific therapy areas
• Ensures the delivery of high quality, complex projects to the clients’ complete satisfaction and in line with allocated budget
• Coordinate and manage project teams and manage projects through to successful and timely completion
• Attending conferences, scientific symposia and advisory boards in the UK and abroad as required
• Finance – responsibility for project finance and delivery of projects to budget
• Business development – marketing analysis in order to identify new business opportunities both with new and existing clients; participate in new business presentations
• Management, motivation and development of junior team members; provide feedback on completed projects
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE SOUGHT:
We are looking for an experienced Account Director with previous experience working in a healthcare communications or pharmaceutical environment across a broad range of therapy areas. Candidates should be life science graduates, ideally with a Ph.D. or with an appropriate combination of education and experience with a passion for medical education.
The successful candidate will demonstrate business and client awareness, leadership and problem solving and an understanding of the role of medical education in the Client’s marketing strategy. In return you will be joining a truly international Agency with a sound strategy for business growth and an excellent reputation in the healthcare communications marketplace.