Background:A leading privately owned international medical communication agency is looking for an experienced Account Director to join its team in its Oxford office. You will be working directly as part of a team that works on international accounts with leading global pharmaceutical companies. The role would suit a candidate with a medical writing background looking to move into an account management role.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE:
As part of the Client Services team, the Account Director will work on a busy workstream in a major therapy area. More specifically the role will involve
• Strategy and Client Relationship Management – understand key client business priorities and opportunities for developing high end medical education and communication solutions; manage all project related communication and help develop and grow client relationships
• Project management – ensuring solutions meet the client’s needs and are achievable within budget and timelines and meet the required scope
• Team management – delegating work appropriately and supervising to ensure work is carried out accurately whilst managing training requirements
• Professional Relations – build and maintain relationships with key opinion leaders
• Business development – responsible for developing existing business as well as for picking up on new business opportunities as part of the team
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE SOUGHT:
We are looking for an experienced Account Director or Medical Writer within a medical communications agency with the ability to think strategically, deliver projects effectively, on time and in a cost conscious manner, have excellent client liaison skills and be involved with new business activities. This role will suit an individual who is excellent at managing the detail but without losing track of the strategic, bigger picture. Ideally, this individual should have the potential to develop into managing multiple workstreams in the future.
You will have ideally a BSc in a biological science but non-science graduates with a healthcare communications background will also be considered.
The ideal candidate will be ambitious and a real team player as the whole agency thrives on team support. This is an opportunity with a high calibre independent and innovative healthcare communications group. The company offers outstanding training and career progression and excellent package.
Posted: 10/05/2012 | NPJ Ref: 81804