Our client is a leading medical communications agency. They have an opportunity for an experienced PR Account Director to join their award winning team in central London.
- Assist in developing strategic programme and finalising programme activity and budget with client.
- Direct account team activity to ensure appropriate tactical programme is developed and implemented according to company standards and achieves client objectives.
- Keep abreast of external issues and events and regularly review their impact upon programmes and client objectives.
- Be aware and responsible for financial status of accounts of designated responsibility at all times.
- Responsible for account profitability and maintaining agreed annual fee income for programmes.
- Responsibility for negotiating and establishing financial arrangements with clients in consultation with Finance Department.
- Contribute to development of client marketing strategy.
- Maintain social contact with client personnel and regular contact regarding account direction, staffing and other issues as appropriate.
- Establish and maintain a role as consultant/adviser to client.
- Responsible for ensuring account issues are regularly monitored and a proactive issues management programme is developed.
- Ensure regular strategic reviews of accounts
- Create and develop opportunities for organic growth of existing business.
- Assist in the driving and developing of new business pitches in accordance with direction from management.
- Lead and motivate supervised staff to fulfil their potential and assume responsibility and accountability appropriate to their position.
- Make recommendations to the Management Team regarding staff development and account resourcing respectively.
- Ensures team understanding of client corporate values and personality profiles of individual clients.
- Responsible for key contact with opinion leaders (medical/media and industry).
- Identify opportunities to build opinion leader database and develop additional activity.
- Maintain ''''market intelligence'''' by monitoring opinion leader opinions on external/product/ competitive client issues.
- Develop and maintain good understanding of UK and international/European media.
- Develop relationships with key editors/producers responsible for UK and/or international/European media outreach
Skills, Knowledge or Qualifications:
- Suitable applicants will have previous agency ethical healthcare PR experience or equivalent and will be educated to degree level.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills are a must.
- Candidates will have gained experience of developing and leading projects and programmes for global or pan-european communications for prescription medicines, medical devices or diagnostic products at any stage of the life-cycle, as well as implementing international disease awareness campaigns.
- Candidates will be able to demonstrate their skills in strategic planning and counsel, as well as delivery of high quality, creative and successful multimedia content for media, healthcare professional and patient audiences.
- The successful candidate will be working with members of the management team to lead accounts, they will need to demonstrate their ability to manage, coach, and inspire others, work effectively with other team members above and below, and will be called upon to line manage more junior members of the team.
- The candidate will enjoy working in a highly creative, top tier global agency environment where talent is highly valued and nurtured. The company provides extensive training to its employees at all stages of their career development covering all elements of healthcare marketing as well as key client handling and leadership skills.
An excellent salary and package of benefits is offered.If you would like to discuss this position further, please contact Jon Gawley on 01932 797996.
Posted: 15/05/2012 | NPJ Ref: 81990