NextPharmaJob.com is dedicated to putting job seekers looking for pharmaceutical industry jobs in touch with recruiters and employers.
Similar jobs you may be interested in:
Senior Account Executive, Medical Education, Home Counties, Competitive Salary + Benefits
UK - South East, United Kingdom
Associate Director, Medical Communications, London, Highly Competitive Salary + Benefits
UK - London
Senior Medical Writer, Medical Communications, London, Competitive Salary
Europe..., UK - London, United Kingdom
Account Manager, Medical Education, London, Competitive Salary + Benefits
Account Director, Medical Communications, London, Competitive Salary + Benefits
UK - London
To receive a FREE weekly email alert of all the latest pharmaceutical industry jobs added to our database enter your email address below.
Submit | Tell me more...
Our client, an international and integrated medical communications agency has an opportunity for you to join them as an account manager and be based in their W London office.
The Account Manager is a key member of the account team. The AM is responsible for managing the account programme and maintaining good levels of communication with the client and within the account team. You would get the opportunity of working on both global and domestic accounts.
Manage the day-to-day running of the account:
- Implement the key activities to a high quality - aiming to exceed the expectations of our clients
- Develop realistic timelines subject to client and Account Lead input and ensure that these are adhered to, wherever possible
- Oversee quality control of all materials (although final ‘sign off'''''''''''''''' may be the responsibility of the Account Lead - which may be an Account Director or Associate Director)
- Ensure the client is regularly and efficiently
- Ensure speedy response to client requests, enquiries or complaints
- Ensure job bags are created, maintained and closed when job is complete
- Ensure that there is a clear sign-off procedure which is understood by the whole team
- Delegate or outsource jobs where appropriate, and within budget, ensuring a full brief including objectives, timing and quality expectations
- Be aware of budget status at all times and ensure account profitability
- Maintain budget records, prepare and record invoices, where required
- Ensure production team receives full and clear brief for print/production quotes and feedback these costs into the budget record
- Manage direct (external and internal) costs and prepare estimates for clients, where required
- Manage all client / KOL expenses and honoraria
Manage team communication:
- Ensure all members of the team are regularly updated on activity progress
- Coordinate regular team meetings to discuss programme development
- Immediately alert Account Lead to areas of concern, confusion or shortfall
Manage production of programme materials:
- Build in time at the start of a new project to develop sound medical/therapy area knowledge
- Ensure all written communication is clear and succinct and communicates client messages in a manner appropriate to the target audience
- Develop a good working knowledge of design, print and production process
- Understand the timing involved in design, print and production and ensure that time is allowed within the schedule for this process
- Manage the quality control of all materials
- Identify opportunities for new business with existing and new clients
- Participate in development and presentation of new business proposals
- Work closely with management teams to build, develop and fulfil personal development plans
- Work closely with assigned Account Executives to help build their personal development plans
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Life Science Degree
- Experience of working on medical communications accounts preferably gained in an agency environment
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical marketing
For full package details, please contact Jon Gawley on 01932 797996.
We recognise the upheaval that finding a new role can cause you. That''''s why we endeavour to provide you with an efficient and professional service which takes the stress and hassle out of the process. To this end we are more than happy to discuss your situation outside of office hours, or at a time most convenient to you.
Posted: 05/07/2012 | NPJ Ref: 83731