An experienced Account Manager is required to join the Berkshire office of a successful medical communications company with a global footprint. My client specialises in medical education and communications for domestic and international clients in the pharmaceutical. As a key member of the account management team and the primary client liaison point on projects, you''ll be working closely with the in-house teams, managing a portfolio of projects from pitch to delivery. The AM plays a key role in supporting the Sales/Business Development team in understanding client needs, scoping appropriate solutions and creating proposals.
My client is looking for candidates with exceptional problem solving, troubleshooting and diplomacy skills. You''ll have strong face-to-face and written communication skills, project management and/or producer experience and a proven ability to develop enduring client relationships that can grow. The successful candidate should be prepared to work in a fast-paced, creative environment with occasional travel to Europe, the US and Asia.
* Strategy and Client Relationship Management:
Understand- key client business priorities and translate them into opportunities for developing high end medical education and communication solutions
Manage all critical- project related client communications
Develop and grow client- relationships in collaboration with the sales team
* Account and Project Management:
Manage a portfolio of projects and accounts. This includes ensuring that the solutions developed meet the client''s business needs, are feasible and achievable within budget and timelines, and are successfully implemented according to agreed scope
Work closely with Production Managers and teams to ensure effective day-to-day project implementation, from content development to final production
Liaise with clients on a regular basis to obtain information, feedback and/or approval for deliverables and changes in scope
* Team management/Internal projects:
Participate in maturing the Account Management and production- management team (e.g. defining roles and processes, identifying best practices, sharing success models, recruiting/on-boarding, training etc.)
Manage- internal projects (e.g. process updates, supplier searches, product innovation etc.)
Desired Background and Skills:
* A Bachelors degree with a strong academic record
* Mastery of relevant software programs ( MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, MS Project)
* Working understanding and appreciation of digital, video and print production
* Client management and project management experience
* Comfortable discussing technical aspects of projects and communicating these clearly to non-technical clients
* Comfortable taking on sometimes challenging client situations and managing them through to successful conclusions
* A strong work ethic, combined with intellectual curiosity and creativity.
* A passion for medical communications and education
* The ability to work effectively in teams.
* Experienced working with teams using web and production technologies including HTML, XML, Flash, and Adobe publishing tools
* Experience in the industry in Account and Project Management related roles
* Experience as a Senior Producer/Project manager/Account manager vital
* Experience in educational media a strong plus
* Experience in a Medical Education or Healthcare Agency would be a bonus, as would client side experience in the pharmaceutical or medical device sector
Fforde is acting as a recruitment agency/business.
KEYWORDS: Account Manager, Client Service, Manager, Medical Education, Medical Communications, Berkshire, Pharmaceutical, Sales, Marketing