Our client is an award winning advertising agency based in Central London. They are seeking an account manager to assist in the day to day running of some high profile accounts.
Day to day management of client accounts and client liaison as well as growing client business and participation in new business drive
- Possess a thorough understanding of client brand, the market environment, (key clinical studies) and marketing strategy.
- To manage the day-to-day running of account(s)
- Ensuring implementation of all projects of designated responsibility to quality standards, meeting all deadlines, or managing deadline amendment proactively.
- Ensure and recommend appropriate task allocation to external freelancers following discussion and authorisation of Account Directors.
- Ensure regular client update or campaign/project progress, and manage any changes to planned activities that may occur.
- Responsible for regular client phone contact, and prompt and accurate contact/phone contact reports within 24 hours of meeting/discussion.
- Responsible for accurate estimating, billing, awareness of budgetary status at all times to ensure account budget not exceeded and ensure project profitability.
- Undertake ''''market intelligence'''' to monitor issues/external environment to aid regular review of programme strategy.
- Adhere to financial management, creative briefing and job bag systems.
- Provide clear and accurate briefings to all personnel tasked with project implementation.
- Proactively alert Account Director to client or programme issues and recommend strategies and solutions.
- Maintain regular client contact
- Maintain awareness and understanding of current issues relating to client and product area.
- Advise client on necessary campaign changes/external issues and question and challenge client in a manner appropriate to the Company and individual client
- Ensure speedy responses to client enquiries
- Demonstrate innovation and creativity beyond client ideas in brainstorm sessions/when developing campaigns/programmes
- Maintain social contact with client personnel
Growing Existing Business & New Business:
- Work with the Account Director to develop opportunities for growing existing business within current client pool and participating in developing new business pitches.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Educated to degree level
- Ability to develop comprehensive creative briefs for review by Account Director
- Knowledge and understanding of all relevant codes of practice/legislation governing ethical, OTC, health supplement advertising/media/web-based communication with healthcare professionals, patients and public
- Ability to build and maintain contact with key opinion leaders who will be of benefit to account areas of responsibility.
- Ability to liaise with media buying companies to implement and develop media plans and ensure their implementation
An excellent package of salary and benefits awaits the successful candidate. For more information contact Jon Gawley on 01932 797996.
Posted: 30/04/2012 | NPJ Ref: 81287