- The Account Manager has specific responsibility for the day-to-day running of small to medium sized accounts and projects.
- The position carries formal accountability for delivery against client milestones and deadlines for their own work and that of the account team, reporting to their managers on deliverables, timescales and account team performance.
An experienced and confident account manager, who is comfortable managing international and UK communications programmes across both public relations and event-based medical education. You should have the experience and ability to be the day-to-day client contact on small to medium accounts and projects, managing their account teams to deliver quality work within agreed timelines and to budget.
Ability to work with their director on new business development, specifically organic growth but also playing an active role in pitches incl. collating/ analysing research and presenting
Experienced in managing account teams incl. management of the team''s tasks and workload, inspiring and motivating teams, ensuring team delivery to time and budget; account financial management including forecasting, cost management, client invoicing and reconciliations.
An ability to build and maintain strong client relationships; anticipate client needs, managing client expectations and taking a solutions-based approach to account challenges.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Science degree
- Previous experience of working in an integrated communications agency, ideally already working as an account manager, or equivalent
- Ideally experienced across PR and med-ed bandwidth from media relations and press events to advisory boards and CME/ med-ed events/ satellite symposium & KOL development, ideally across both international and UK. The candidate may not have direct experience of high science med-ed i.e. publications planning or peer review publication development
- A highly motivated communicator, who is confident at managing account teams and projects to deliver against and ideally exceed client expectations.
- Someone who wants to stretch themselves; seeks out new challenges and enjoys working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. Someone who builds confidence both from their clients and account teams. Able to manage multiple accounts and projects at the same time.
- Ability to translate complex scientific concepts for multiple audiences, and apply themselves across the communications mix. Someone who actively seeks autonomy and responsibility.
Excellent salary and package including 25 days holidays, pension, healthcare and a host of other benefits. For more information call Jon Gawley on 01932 797996.