Part of one of the world’s most well known international communications agencies, this award winning medical education agency has an enviable reputation for working with some exciting therapy areas. They are now looking for an Account Manager to join one of their teams.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE:
As an Account Manager, you will support the implementation of projects so that they are on time and within budget. More specifically you will take responsibility for:
• Account Management – you will manage the day-to-day running of the client programme and implement specified projects within the programme ensuring that they meet agreed objectives and timelines
• Client contact – keeping the client updated on progress and any changes that deviate from plan
• Responsible for budget control, accurate invoicing, managing freelancer time and generally ensuring profitability
• Team management – delegating work appropriately and supervising to ensure work is carried out accurately whilst managing training requirements
• Client liaison – act as a trusted advisor and maintain awareness of current issues relating to client and product area
• Professional Relations – build and maintain relationships with key opinion leaders
• Business development – responsible for developing existing business as well as for picking up on new business opportunities as part of the team
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE SOUGHT:
We are looking for an experienced Account Manager within medical communications ideally with a first/postgraduate degree in Bioscience or a background in healthcare. This individual needs to have strong project management and client relationship management skills, particularly the ability to manage challenging relationships. Previous team management experience is also highly desirable. The successful candidate should be financially astute and comfortable with managing budgets.
Above all, this individual needs to have sound medical and pharmaceutical knowledge and a genuine interest in healthcare issues. The ability to be able to cope with pressure, be highly organised, self motivated and to work to high standards are prerequisites for success in this role. He/she should also have the ambition and determination to progress to the next level in a supportive environment. In return, you will be joining a leader in healthcare communications where your own personal development will be taken seriously and you will be part of a friendly and sociable team of people.