Part of one of the world’s most well known international communications agencies, this award winning healthcare PR agency has an enviable reputation for working with some exciting therapy areas. They are now looking for an Account Manager to join one of their teams.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE:
As an Account Manager, you will support the implementation of projects and build relationships with clients. More specifically you will take responsibility for:
• Account Management – You will manage the day-to-day running of the client programme and implement specified projects within the programme ensuring that they meet agreed objectives and timelines
• Client contact – Keeping the Client updated on progress and any changes that deviate from plan and producing timely and accurate contact reports
• Responsible for budget control, accurate estimating, invoicing, managing freelancer time and generally ensuring profitability
• Team management – Delegating work appropriately and supervising to ensure work is carried out accurately whilst managing training requirements
• Task allocation to authorised freelancers
• Client liaison – act as a trusted advisor and maintain awareness of current issues relating to client and product area
• Develop and strengthen understanding of account therapy areas
• Media contacts – develop and build knowledge of international/European media relevant to healthcare communications and build relationships with key media contacts. Write press releases and other press materials.
• Professional Relations – Build and maintain relationships with key opinion leaders
• Business development – responsible for developing existing business as well as for picking up on new business opportunities as part of the team
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE SOUGHT:
We are looking for an experienced Account Manager within a healthcare PR agency or perhaps in an internal communications role with a pharmaceutical company, ideally with a first/postgraduate degree in Bioscience or a background in healthcare. This individual needs to have strong project management and client relationship management skills, particularly the ability to manage challenging relationships. Previous team management experience is also highly desirable. The successful candidate should be financially astute and comfortable with managing budgets.
Above all, this individual needs to have sound medical and pharmaceutical knowledge and a genuine passion for healthcare PR and an appreciation of how PR can contribute to a client’s marketing strategy. The ability to be able to cope with pressure, be highly organised, self motivated and to work to high standards are prerequisites for success in this role. He/she should also have the ambition and determination to progress to the next level in a supportive environment. In return, you will be joining a leader in healthcare communications where your own personal development will be taken seriously and you will be part of a friendly and sociable team of people.