Formed in 2009 as a sister company to established PR and Advertising agencies, our client is the medical communications arm of a large privately owned global communications network. To support the current phase of expansion, our client is looking for dynamic and motivated client services staff to help take the business to a new level. Amongst other positions, our client is looking for a conscientious Account Manager to integrate into the existing client management team. This position would suit an experienced Account Executive or an Account Manager who wants to contribute to the success of a growing business.
- Take a proactive approach to all aspects of client management and build relationships with clients.
- Contribute to the development of client programmes and set and implement programme evaluation targets.
- Liaise with clients, authors and opinion leaders as and when required to do so and respect client confidentiality at all times.
- Set up and manage client meetings and provide client update reports according to the schedules required by clients.
- Organise all aspects of meetings and events (e.g. symposia, advisory boards, etc.), including budgeting.
- Optimise project management and internal team communication
- Input into written educational materials in line with your writing and editing capability.
- Brief freelance writers and creative staff and monitor progress.
- Co-ordinate, and participate in, internal brainstorming sessions.
- Undertake all aspects of budget management, including update of cost trackers to monitor profitability of accounts.
- Identify opportunities to grow existing business.
- Research for, and participate in the development of, new business pitches and proposals for new and existing clients.
- Support and assist with team management and the training of less experienced staff.
- Contribute to shared general duties and office administration.
- Science graduate with at least 1–2 years’ experience of working in a comparable role.
- Good understanding of the medical marketing needs of the pharma industry.
- Excellent verbal communications skills combined with a desire to meet client expectations at all times.
- Good time management with the ability to delegate tasks.
- Proven project management and organisational skills.
- Good writing and editorial skills.
- Working knowledge of the commercial process with good financial management skills.
Account Manager, healthcare communications, medical communications, medical education, medical marketing, project management, client services, meetings management, business development.
Posted: 10/05/2012 | NPJ Ref: 81704