This is a chance to work for one of London''''s premier league agencies in an PR account manager role. The role is based at their central London office.
To manage account programmes including client liaison. To develop professional relations and grow client business.
- To manage the day-to-day running of account(s)
- Ensure implementation of all projects of designated responsibility to quality standards, meeting all deadlines, or managing deadline amendment proactively.
- Ensure and recommend appropriate task allocation to external freelancers following discussion and authorisation of Associate Directors.
- Delegate projects to team members and oversee implementation.
- Ensure staff ownership and responsibility for projects.
- Ensure regular client update or programme/project progress, and manage any changes to planned activities that may occur.
- Responsible for regular client phone contact and prompt and accurate contact/phone contact reports within 24 hours of meeting/discussion.
- Responsible for accurate estimating, billing, awareness of budgetary status at all times to ensure account budget not exceeded and ensure project profitability.
- Good knowledge of graphics, print and production.
- Maintain and strengthen understanding of account therapy areas and industry/environment issues pertinent to clients.
- Regularly review programme strategy against new issues/external environment.
- Contribute to strategic planning meetings with client.
- Ensure up to date knowledge of status of account at all times
- Provide clear and accurate briefings to all personnel tasked with project implementation.
- Proactively alert Associate Director to client or programme issues and recommend strategies and solutions.
- Supervise other team members
- Advise/provide counsel to team members in the team leader''''s absence
- Actively support team members in achieving development goals
- Maintain regular client contact
- Attend and lead client meetings where appropriate
- Maintain awareness and understanding of current issues relating to client and product area.
- Advise client on necessary programme changes/external issues and question and challenge client in a manner appropriate to the Company and individual client
- Interpret client needs and priorities
- Ensure speedy responses to client enquiries
- Demonstrate innovation and creativity beyond client ideas
- Maintain social contact with client personnel
- Build and maintain contact with key opinion leaders who will be of benefit to account areas of responsibility.
- Liaise with and brief opinion leaders on activities related to client business.
- Build and improve knowledge of international/European media and its application to healthcare communications.
- Develop and maintain media contacts.
- Interpret scientific data into press materials and media presentations
- Identify new business opportunities from existing clients.
- Participate in development and presentation of new business proposals.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications:
- Life Science Degree
- Previous experience in an agency or pharmaceutical marketing environment or equivalent
- Candidates should have experience of ethical pharmaceutical public relations either in an agency or client-side. They will preferably have acquired a good knowledge of global or pan-european communications for prescription medicines, medical devices or diagnostic products at any stage of the life-cycle, as well as implementing international disease awareness campaigns. As such they should be familiar with the constraints of the pharmaceutical industry code of practice, good writers and able to translate science/data for non-scientific audiences.
- In addition to managing day to day account processes, candidates will be expected to lead projects and project teams, as well as supporting strategic and tactical planning for their account and new business.
- Programme Management Expertise
- Client Management Skills
- Professional Capabilities
- Financial Management Skills
- People Management Skills
- Communication Skills
- Personal Skills
- The candidate will enjoy working in a highly creative, top tier global agency environment and will be also expected to become involved in agency-wide internal initiatives as well as 360 collaborations with other ethical marketing disciplines in the broader agency network.
As excellent salary is offered, including pension, healthcare and 25 days holidays. If you are not actively seeking a new role, but are interested in discovering which options may be open to you now or in the future, please feel free to call for a private chat. You might have questions on salary expectations, or benefits, whatever your concerns may be, we will aim to assist. Please call Jon Gawley on 01932 797996.
Posted: 15/06/2012 | NPJ Ref: 83164