New opportunities have arisen for one of our global clients further to a consolidation of their business and relocation of staff to their central London office. Our client is now looking for key individuals with drive and determination who are keen to help raise the profile of the company and grow the business. Amongst other positions, we are looking to recruit an experienced Associate Director, Client Services into our client’s London office to manage a Client Services team with responsibility for accounts with a fee revenue around £1M.
This position will suit a dynamic and ambitious Senior Account Director who is looking to progress to Client Services Director within 2 years.
- Manage a Client Services team with responsibility for fee revenue up to £1M.
- Optimise and grow revenue from existing client accounts and develop new accounts with existing clients.
- Identify potential new client targets, and support all relevant business development activities.
- Provide strategic input into key accounts.
- Convert proposed business to awarded in a timely manner and raise invoices promptly.
- Provide timely and accurate budgets for all projects and ensure that all relevant data are provided to the Finance team for financial planning and revenue recognition.
- Maintain client relations at a high level to support and grow the business.
- Ensure that appropriate processes and operating procedures are in place to facilitate management and delivery of projects and programmes of work to expected standards of client satisfaction.
- Work with other Client Services staff to provide an effective interface between the client services team, medical writing and editorial resources, and creative services and optimise utilisation of all resources and skills.
- Take responsibility for the line management and mentoring of a small team of Client Services staff and support appropriate training and mentoring.
- Promote the positive vision of the company.
- Graduate with a good degree in one of the life sciences with at least 7 years’ experience in the global medical communications business.
- Proven experience of working with one or more of the ‘Top 10’ pharmaceutical clients.
- Experience of managing accounts worth in excess of £1M.
- Proven track record of successful new business acquisition.
- Demonstration of a broad range of communication skills.
- In depth knowledge of drug development and medical marketing.
- Good understanding of the medical communication offerings – e.g., strategic publication planning, KOL development, all aspects of meetings management, e-media channels, etc.
- Proven leadership combined with the ability to coach, mentor and motivate staff.
- Excellent people management, project management and organisational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A creative and ‘solutions’-based approach to business needs and challenges.
- In depth understanding of the commercial process with strong financial management skills.
Business Unit Head.
Associate Director, Client Services Director, healthcare communications, medical communications, medical education, drug development, medical marketing, project management, strategic publication planning, KOL development, client services, business development.
Posted: 13/08/2012 | NPJ Ref: 84931