Background: Part of one of the world’s most well known international communications agencies, this award winning medical education agency has an enviable reputation for working with some exciting therapy areas. They are now looking for an Associate Director to join one of their teams.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
Reporting to the Director of Client Services, as an Associate Director, you will direct and deliver account programmes and lead key client relationships. More specifically:
· Account Direction – Develop the strategy, programme activity and budget working closely with the client
· Team management – direct account team activity, oversee staff ownership and responsibility for specified projects
· Client relations – contribute to strategic planning meetings with client and maintain an overview of the account keeping the client informed of any issues. Contribute to client marketing strategy
· Developing in-depth therapy knowledge, keeping up to date with latest developments
· Contribute ideas and offer creative input on the strategic direction of accounts backed by a knowledge of the external environment as it impacts on the client account
· Responsible for profitability of an account and keeping the programme on track within the agreed fee income ensuring that it is adequately resourced
· Leading brainstorming sessions to develop the strategic direction of accounts
· Team development – Lead and motivate team; make recommendations on personal development and training requirements
· Professional Relations – Build and maintain relationships with key opinion leaders
· Business development – responsible for leading the development of existing business as well as for bringing in new business opportunities. Develop RFIs, RFPs and making pitch presentations
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE SOUGHT
We are looking for an experienced Associate Director or a Senior Account Director/Account Director seeking promotion, with experience gained in medical communications ideally with a first/postgraduate degree in Bioscience or a background in healthcare. This individual needs to have strong commercial and business awareness and extensive experience of managing major healthcare programmes. Strong project management, team management and client relationship management skills are essential.
Above all, this individual needs to have sound medical and pharmaceutical knowledge and a genuine passion for healthcare issues. He/she should have the gravitas to instill confidence in clients and act as a respected representative of this medical education agency. The ability to be able to cope with pressure, be highly organised, self motivated and to work to high standards are prerequisites for success in this role. He/she should also have the ambition and determination to progress to the next level within this supportive environment. In return, you will be joining a leader in healthcare communications where your own personal development will be taken seriously and you will be part of a friendly and sociable team of people.
Key words: Account Director, Senior Account Director, Associate Director,healthcare communications, medical communications, agency, international, KOL,medical education
Posted: 31/05/2012 | NPJ Ref: 82590