Part of one of the world’s most well known international communications agencies, this award winning healthcare Public Relations agency has an enviable reputation for working with some exciting therapy areas. They are now looking for an Associate Director to join one of their teams.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE:
As an Associate Director, you will be part of the senior management team and will assume responsibility for programme profitability and new business growth. More specifically:
• Account Direction – shaping the long term strategic direction of the account
• Contribute ideas and offer creative input on the strategic direction of accounts backed by a knowledge of the external environment as it impacts on the client account
• Team management – direct account team activity, oversee staff ownership
• Client relations – lead specified client relations, contribute to strategic planning meetings with client and maintain an overview of the account, keeping them informed of any issues. Contribute to client marketing strategy and become their trusted advisor
• Responsible for profitability of an account including negotiating financial arrangements with the client and forecasting and monitoring budgets
• Team development – line management of team including appraisals and training requirements
• Media Relations – good knowledge of relevant European and international media and develop relationships with key editors
• Professional Relations – build and maintain relationships with key opinion leaders
• Business development – responsible for developing existing business as well as taking the lead on bringing in new business opportunities
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE SOUGHT:
We are looking for an experienced Account Director/Associate Director within medical communications ideally with a first/postgraduate degree in Bioscience or a background in healthcare. This individual needs to have demonstrable leadership skills with strong commercial acumen and extensive experience of managing major healthcare programmes. A key aspect of the role is to develop business and a proven track record in this regard would be ideal. Strong project management, team management, leadership skills and client relationship management skills are essential.
Above all, this individual needs to have sound medical and pharmaceutical knowledge and a genuine passion for healthcare issues. The ability to be able to cope with pressure, be highly organised, self motivated and to work to high standards are prerequisites for success in this role. He/she should also have the ambition and determination to progress to the next level within this supportive environment. In return, you will be joining a leader in healthcare communications where your own personal development will be taken seriously and you will be part of a friendly and sociable team of people.