Our Berkshire-based client is a high-profile company that offers fully integrated clinical, commercial, and consulting services worldwide. Our client is looking for talented and innovative individuals who are passionate about healthcare communication to support sustained and profitable growth across the company. Amongst other positions, our client is currently seeking to recruit a Business Development Director to take a leading role in the acquisition of new business.
This position will suit client services staff looking for the challenge of supporting new business growth.
- Develop and implement sales strategies and customer plans to achieve target sales objectives.
- Work to win a significant proportion of new business from existing clients.
- Fully understand and sell-in all of the company’s medical communications capabilities.
- Increase market penetration as measured by Requests for Proposals (RFPs), proposal submission, strike rate, and sales.
- Maintain aggressive awareness of competitor activity.
- Take the lead role at client presentations and meetings.
- Prepare and present proposals, and negotiate to achieve successful outcomes.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of company services and key areas of expertise.
- Fulfil all aspects of staff and team management including:
- Training, coaching and mentoring staff.
- Planning, delegating and directing work.
- Appraising performance and guiding career development.
- Implement reward and discipline procedures.
- Undertake issues and problem resolution.
- Establish and maintain strong client relations.
- Degree in Business Management, Science, Life, Science, or Pharmacy.
- At least 7 years of relevant industry experience (CRO/pharma) and/or sales experience, or equivalent.
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven presentation skills.
Posted: 11/06/2012 | NPJ Ref: 82978