Background:This privately owned international medical communications group provides global and national experience and support to the pharmaceutical industry. This Agency has gone from strength to strength over the last few years and has built a strong client base as a result of its excellent service and high standards of work. They are now looking for a Client Services Director to work with a team in one of its divisions.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE:
As a Client Services Director you will be responsible for the provision of scientific and commercial expertise to act as strategic partner to pharmaceutical clients. This role has total responsibility for the growth of an allocated large client account. More specifically you will take responsibility for
• Client /Professional relations – develop and manage relationships with clients as well as with medical opinion leaders. Use scientific and commercial expertise to act as a trusted partner to client
• Project management – leading a large account team ensuring that quality standards are maintained and that there are cost efficient working practices
• Provides strategic direction to clients; keeping abreast of key events in the industry and key developments in specific therapy area
• Responsibility for managing revenue targets agreed with senior management and ensuring these are met; overall responsibility for project finance
• Business development – identifies new business opportunities; presenting pitches and winning new business; seeks ways to identify competitive advantage through the delivery of a broad range of projects
• Management of the account team including career development and optimising resourcing
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE SOUGHT:
We are looking for an experienced Senior Account Director/Client Services Director with extensive experience working in a healthcare communications or pharmaceutical environment across a broad range of therapy areas. Candidates should be life science graduates, ideally with a Ph.D. or with an appropriate combination of education and experience with a passion for medical education.
The successful candidate will demonstrate business and client awareness, leadership and problem solving and an understanding of the role of medical education in the Client’s marketing strategy. In return you will be joining a truly international Agency with a sound strategy for business growth and an excellent reputation in the healthcare communications marketplace.
Posted: 28/05/2012 | NPJ Ref: 82436