NextPharmaJob.com is dedicated to putting job seekers looking for pharmaceutical industry jobs in touch with recruiters and employers.
Similar jobs you may be interested in:
Business Unit Director – Healthcare Advertising – South East/London
UK - South West, UK - South East
Business Development Director, London/ South-East based, circa 100K plus bonus
UK - London, UK - Home Counties
Managing Director, Healthcare Brand Advertising, London
UK - London
Managing Director, Healthcare PR, London
UK - London
Account Director, Healthcare PR, London, Excellent Package Award winning PR agency.
UK - London
To receive a FREE weekly email alert of all the latest pharmaceutical industry jobs added to our database enter your email address below.
Submit | Tell me more...
New opportunities have arisen for one of our global clients further to a consolidation of their business and relocation of staff to their central London office. Our client is now looking for key individuals with drive and determination who are keen to help raise the profile of the company and grow the business. Amongst other positions, we are looking to recruit an experienced Deputy Editorial (and Scientific) Director into our client’s London office to assist with the strategic editorial development of client communication programmes across the business.
This position will suit an Editorial Team Leader looking for their next career progression.
- Assist with the strategic editorial development and implementation of client communication programmes.
- Act as the primary client contact for editorial projects and programmes of work, providing tactical input and strategic consultancy according to need.
- Take responsibility for the operational and line management of an editorial team.
- Lead scientific content development within and across teams.
- Take a lead role in reviewing written materials, ensuring accuracy and consistency with regard to scientific, product, and therapy area content.
- Work with Client Services to enhance client and KOL advocacy.
- Provide on-site expertise and support as required.
- Prepare and make presentations to clients, speakers and other organisations as and when required to do so.
- Support Editorial Team Leaders in all aspects of resource management to ensure that programme resourcing needs are met.
- Work with Editorial Team Leaders to coordinate development and training programmes for editorial staff.
- In collaboration with Client Services teams and senior editorial managers, take responsibility for the scientific and editorial component of new business activities for existing and new clients, contributing to the preparation and delivery of pitches, presentations and proposals.
- PhD in life or physical sciences.
- At least 6 years’ agency experience in medical writing and editorial management roles.
- Experience of creating and delivering strategic publication plans.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with proven experience of solid team leadership and the ability to mentor and encourage less experienced team members.
- A broad range of therapeutic area expertise, and the ability to rapidly assimilate information in new areas.
- Ability to adapt writing style to different target audiences and to a wide range of publication media.
- An interest in, and an excellent understanding of, Good Publication Practice, including copyright issues.
- Full understanding of all aspects of budgeting and the ability to contribute to budget and proposal development.
- A broad knowledge of new-business and business-development activities coupled with excellent pitch and presentation skills.
- Excellent organisational skills with proven time, project, and man-management capability.
- Confidence in liaising with clients and authors to meet and exceed expectation.
Accountable to: Business Unit Head. Key words:
Deputy Editorial Director, Deputy Scientific Director, healthcare communications, medical communications, medical education, strategic editorial development, business development, client liaison, KOL development, line management, publication planning, strategic consultancy, resource management.
Posted: 21/05/2012 | NPJ Ref: 82189