NextPharmaJob.com is dedicated to putting job seekers looking for pharmaceutical industry jobs in touch with recruiters and employers.
Similar jobs you may be interested in:
Sales Representative - Medical Devices - Austria
Associate Consultant, Strategic Communications – Ref 326 NPJ-A
UK - London
Senior Medical Writer, Healthcare Communications / PR, London/Home-working, Basic £35-45k plus excellent benefits
UK - London
Editorial Director, Healthcare Communications, London, Salary commensurate with experience
UK - London
Senior Medical Writer, Medical Education, London, Competitive Salary
UK - London
To receive a FREE weekly email alert of all the latest pharmaceutical industry jobs added to our database enter your email address below.
Submit | Tell me more...
Director of Editorial Operations need for a exciting Medical Communications company in the North-West. You will manage a Medical & Scientific Services (M&SS) team delivering medical education and communication projects, take full ownership and responsibility for resourcing and workflow management for M&SS team and to provide QC support to M&SS team
* Take line management responsibility for M&SS team members and work closely with the Vice President (VP) to ensure performance management, staff development, succession and resource planning takes place
* Plan resource and delegate responsibilities within the M&SS team so that account objectives are achieved
* Mentor M&SS team and facilitate ongoing training and career development in accordance with set objectives
* Ensure compliance with laws, regulations and guidelines concerning the promotion and interaction with healthcare professionals
* Contract, utilise and manage freelance resource
* Utilise experience and expertise to assist with new business development proposals and pitches
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Educated to degree level or higher in a biomedical science, with several years'' writing and/or editorial management experience in a communications agency environment or equivalent, including management experience in a multidisciplinary teamwork environment
* Significant knowledge of pharmaceutical drug development, regulations regarding the approval and licensing of drug products, and the laws and guidelines that govern product marketing and interaction with healthcare professionals
* Good understanding and implementation of operating procedures
* Strong scientific background and ability to assure the quality of medical education and communication materials
* Attention to detail - style/consistency, grammar, syntax, scientific accuracy, proof-reading, layout, etc
* Excellent leadership, motivational, interpersonal and communication skills
* Excellent organisational and budgetary control skills
* Problem solving, diplomacy and influencing skills
* Experience with range of media, including print and multi-media (video, CD-ROM and web-based)
* Presentation, interview and appraisal skills
* Proficient with commonly-used computer software and programmes, such as Microsoft Office
In return you can expect an excellent package of salary and benefits.
Fforde is acting as a recruitment agency/business.
KEYWORDS: Director, Editorial, Healthcare, Medical Education, Medical Communications, London, Operations, Pharmaceutical, Sales, Marketing
Posted: 07/08/2012 | NPJ Ref: 84720