NextPharmaJob.com is dedicated to putting job seekers looking for pharmaceutical industry jobs in touch with recruiters and employers.
Similar jobs you may be interested in:
UK - London
Editorial Team Leader - Reading - Porterhouse Medical Ltd
UK - South East
Senior Account Executive, Medical Education, Home Counties, Competitive Salary + Benefits
UK - South East, United Kingdom
Associate Director, Medical Communications, London, Highly Competitive Salary + Benefits
UK - London
Senior Medical Writer, Medical Communications, London, Competitive Salary
Europe..., UK - London, United Kingdom
To receive a FREE weekly email alert of all the latest pharmaceutical industry jobs added to our database enter your email address below.
Submit | Tell me more...
Our client is an international medical communications agency with an excellent client portfolio. They are seeking a Director of Editorial Operations to manage the output of their sizeable editorial department based in Cheshire.
- To manage a Medical & Scientific Services (M&SS) team delivering medical education and communication projects
- To take full ownership and responsibility for resourcing and workflow management for M&SS team
- To provide QC support to M&SS team
- Take line management responsibility for M&SS team members and work closely with the Vice President (VP) to ensure performance management, staff development, succession and resource planning takes place
- Plan resource and delegate responsibilities within the M&SS team so that account objectives are achieved
- Mentor M&SS team and facilitate ongoing training and career development in accordance with set objectives
- Ensure compliance with laws, regulations and guidelines concerning the promotion and interaction with healthcare professionals
- Contract, utilise and manage freelance resource
- Utilise experience and expertise to assist with new business development proposals and pitches
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Educated to degree level or higher in a biomedical science, with several years'''''''''''''''' writing and/or editorial management experience in a communications agency environment or equivalent, including management experience in a multidisciplinary teamwork environment
- Significant knowledge of pharmaceutical drug development, regulations regarding the approval and licensing of drug products, and the laws and guidelines that govern product marketing and interaction with healthcare professionals
- Good understanding and implementation of operating procedures
- Strong scientific background and ability to assure the quality of medical education and communication materials
- Attention to detail - style/consistency, grammar, syntax, scientific accuracy, proof-reading, layout, etc
- Excellent leadership, motivational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organisational and budgetary control skills
- Problem solving, diplomacy and influencing skills
- Experience with range of media, including print and multi-media (video, CD-ROM and web-based)
- Presentation, interview and appraisal skills
- Proficient with commonly-used computer software and programmes, such as Microsoft Office
In return you can expect an excellent package of salary and benefits. For more information call Jon Gawley on 01932 797996.
Posted: 26/07/2012 | NPJ Ref: 84416