Our client is looking for a Senior Production Editor looking to move into a management / managing editor position and take on line-management responsibilities.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced medical editor to take on a lead role within our client''''''''s growing editorial team. The successful candidate will pride themselves on their attention to detail, ability to work to tight timelines and excellent IT skills. They will be a calm and efficient team player, with outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
Core responsibilities include:
- Leadership and management of a team of editors based in our client''''''''s UK offices, ensuring efficient teamwork and adherence to internal systems and processes
- Workload assignment and management
- Editing and proof-reading a range of educational materials to agreed style/specification, checking content, accuracy, consistency and grammar
- Development of effective working relationships with in-house and external colleagues
- Liaison with external suppliers regarding layouts and design work
- Management of the print/production process
- Formatting/styling PowerPoint presentations
- Training and mentoring less experienced staff.
With a life sciences degree, and possibly a PhD, you will have at 2-4 years experience in a production editorial role within the medical communications industry. Previous line-management responsibility would be an advantage. Applicants with a publishing or pharma backbround will be considered if they have all the required skills and experience.
Based on the western side of the city of London, our client is a leading, independently owned medical communications agency. With a global reach, the company offers the full range of medical communications services.