This role will sit in the medical education team is part of the wider healthcare practice, which comprises over 35 healthcare communications professionals. The Medical Education team comprises specialised account handlers, medical writers and an events manager and handles a variety of physician-targeted projects on behalf of global pharmaceutical companies.
The company has a structured approach to individual career development and regularly reward and promote success within the company. They have a varied mix of clients whose range in size means that each team member has the opportunity to work across a diverse and challenging client portfolio.
- Attaining and maintaining an in-depth knowledge of therapeutic areas and products of relevance to client accounts
- Drafting, editing and referencing scientific / medical peer review publications (e.g. abstracts, posters, oral presentations, primary manuscripts on pre-clinical and Phase I-III data, reviews, book chapters) in line with guidance from authors
- Checking and editing documents provided by other writers to ensure accuracy
- Managing approval of publications in line with client''s working practices and international guidelines
- Incorporating comments and answering queries on publications from authors and company reviewers
- Developing speaker briefs and slides for satellite symposia, stand-alone physicians meetings, and on-line physician education activities
- Publications planning, including gap analyses and needs assessments, development of scientific platforms and messages, and proposing content and target congresses / journals for publications
- Presenting status updates and proposals for future projects involving editorial support to clients and client prospects
- Managing multiple editorial projects to deadlines and keeping tracking documents up to date
- Logging time spent per project
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Educated to degree level in a life science, preferably higher degree
- Candidates will be experienced in medical writing, including the development of manuscripts and reviews, within an agency environment.
- Excellent knowledge of all Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Candidates must be available for occasional international travel
In return you can expect an excellent salary and benefits including 25 days holiday, pension, private health insurance and much more. For more information call Jon Gawley on 01932 797996.
Posted: 16/07/2012 | NPJ Ref: 84167