We now need maternity cover at PR Account Executive/Manager level - for up to 9 months - to help manage our existing life science clients. For the right person, this could be a permanent position.
After a short handover period, and working with other team members, you will be required to help manage scientific PR and marketing communications campaigns, ensuring activities are completed on brief, on budget and to schedule. This will include supporting the life science team in the development of PR/marketing proposals. Ideally you will have agency or in-house PR/marketing communications experience and excellent communication skills.
Responsibilities will include:
Life science writing
Varied writing projects including among others:
- Press releases
- Articles, Case studies, White papers
- Sales materials
You will need to be confident in dealing with the trade media, pitching articles and then delivering those articles to meet deadlines.
Managing a variety of marketing activities that might include:
- Email marketing (promotional emails and eNewsletters)
- Press and online advertising
- Direct mail
- Marketing collateral
- Exhibition support
- Social media
You will have the ability to liaise well with clients and manage/prioritise numerous concurrent projects with (minimal) input from more senior members of the team.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Hitting internal and external deadlines
- Effective work planning
- Clear communication with clients and media
- General admin and other non-writing duties relevant to Alto
There might be some UK travel and may be occasional European/international travel.
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Outstanding attention to detail (spotting typos etc)
- Confidence to work effectively with limited supervision
- Ability to manage (prioritise and deliver) multiple projects
- Client empathy
- Flexible working approach, including ''mucking-in'' to support colleagues, working extra hours when needed and the ability to travel to client meetings (sometimes at very short notice)
- Self motivated and reliable with an enthusiastic, proactive approach
- Life science degree and/or relevant work experience and a good knowledge and understanding of the life sciences
- Additional marketing qualification ideal
Minimum of 2 years experience in an agency (Healthcare preferred but not essential) or in house for a scientific company.
Degree or similar qualification preferred. Additional marketing qualification ideal
- Ability to work effectively with limited supervision and involvement from more senior members of the team
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Proven ability to prioritise and deliver multiple projects
- Confident and enthusiastic attitude
- Flexible working approach, including "mucking-in" to support colleagues, working extra hours when needed and the ability to travel to client meetings (sometimes at very short notice)
- Understanding and experience of the full B2B marketing mix (PR, events, print/online advertising, web/e-marketing and social media)
- Excellent presentation skills Self motivated and reliable with a proactive approach Interest and understanding of healthcare issues, including the NHS
Our business has been built on our team''s enthusiasm and passion for life science, coupled with its profound knowledge and diverse experience within the sector. We have a client base of international life science companies ranging from global corporations to start-ups for which we provide communications and marketing campaigns geared to generating direct business results. We offer an exciting and friendly working environment in pleasant surroundings.
Our clients'' products/services include:
- drug discovery/laboratory automation
- general life science/biotech laboratory
- clinical and molecular diagnostics
- (bio)medical devices