Our client is a leading Medical Communications and Eucation Agency.They are now seeking a Principal Medical Writer
To use extensive depth and breadth of medical communications experience and wide therapy area expertise to develop and deliver highest quality communication and education initiatives by forming close working relationships with clients, thought leaders and internal agency teams. Previous experience will provide ability to deliver the full scope of Medical & Scientific services, within or outside of personal areas of therapy expertise.
· Use strategic insight and prior healthcare communications experience to provide practical input into specific marketing/communication/educational challenges being faced by clients and internal teams
· Provide medical advice/expertise across many therapeutic areas (internally and externally) and quickly develop expertise in new therapeutic areas
· Act as the primary MSS contact on specific programs/projects, interacting appropriately with MSS and Client Services colleagues, and keeping them updated on project status and issues
· Establish/develop and maintain business relationships with client staff, including those at senior levels, in both the marketing and medical/clinical functions
· Design, develop, implement, and manage publication plans, including writing of manuscripts, abstracts, posters, oral presentations and all other publication plan deliverables
· Research and write project briefs and project content across the full range of MSS services ensuring the highest standard of quality (strategic, scientific and grammatical)
· Make presentations to clients/thought leaders/third party organisations, as required.
· Mentor Medical Writers working on client programme and assist in training of Associate Medical Writers
· Work with VP, MSS to identify/plan resource to match programme needs, including the use of freelance resource
· Business development . Use scientific expertise and skills to proactively develop new business for existing and new clients. Where relevant and required, assume lead scientific role in new business pitches and proposal development, or assist others in development of new business pitches/presentations
· Educated to degree level or higher in a biomedical science, with depth and breadth of editorial experience, with several years at Senior Medical Writer level or above in a communications agency environment
· Able to provide senior editorial advice and support to all members of the account team and across the department, including significant experience of good multidisciplinary teamwork
· Good knowledge of a number of therapeutic areas, plus the pharmaceutical industry (drug development, pharmaceutical regulations, marketing)
· Attention to detail – style/consistency, grammar, syntax, scientific accuracy, proof-reading, layout, etc.
· Excellent time management , interpersonal and communication skills
Interested? Please email your CV now!
Posted: 23/07/2012 | NPJ Ref: 84341