Day to day tasks:
* Responsibility for the design and development of new implants and instruments as well as the improvement and modification of existing instruments and implants.
* Working with multidisciplinary teams, you will participate and manage development projects
* Create design prototypes, concepts, and test plans for mechanical testing using CAD software.
* Liaise with doctors, sales and marketing, Production, Design and Development teams, staying up to date on surgical, clinical and technological trends, and communicating these to internal and external partners
* Support Regulatory Submissions, creating approval documents compliant with the Medical Devices Directory, FDA and Japanese guidelines
A suitable background for this position would be a Bachelors / Masters degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar with at least 5 years hands on industry experience in a development environment in a regulated industry such as Medical Devices / Pharmaceutical / Aerospace). A knowledge of the Medical Devices Directive, QA and RA matters is desirable, as is a general interest in Medicine and Technology and a desire to develop innovative new products.
German and English are the languages used. Having both is a huge bonus. This is a global company with research interests around the world, so some travel (up to 25%) will be required .
This is an exciting new position with a high degree of responsibility in an innovative company that also offers excellent long-term career prospects.
For more information on this vacancy, or any other medical device opportunities, please contact the Senior Consultant Andrew Boroky on 0044 (0) 207 940 2116, or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org