A Cheshire-based Medical Communications agency, with an international presence, has a unique opening for a talented and experienced Scientific Director. They need someone with in-depth scientific understanding of different products and therapy areas to effectively line manage and coach Writers and Editorial Team Leaders and ensure excellence and all-important accuracy, in project delivery across the communication mix. The position will involve account direction, editorial liaison quality control, mentorship and training of colleagues.
The new Scientific Director will:
- Create strategic communication plans and align them with marketing objectives
- Ensure that work is high quality and delivered on time across projects
- Give the teams support and offer colleagues motivation and focus
- Mentor colleagues and deliver training
- Communicate clearly with other senior staff members on management issues
- Collaborate on product development work
- Share ideas and champion best practice
- Approximate the number of project hours needed and schedule work
- Process feedback from the account managers
- Complete personal time sheets with accuracy
- Use expertise (in both commercial and therapy areas) to support proposals
- Work in liaison with the business development team to identify business leads
- Develop and present scientific work on pitches
This agency works with a number of exciting life science and pharmaceutical companies. They are looking for an ambitious leader to take responsibility for providing high level scientific, strategic counsel to clients as well as editorial leadership of account teams. You will lead the production and implementation of projects, ensuring that they meet the client''s needs and objectives.
If you feel you can assist effectively in the production of exceptional quality scientific/medical education materials and have a tangible enthusiasm for communicating scientific ideas, we want to hear from you! To be considered, you will have a good science degree or even more ideally a PHD, coupled with Medical Communications agency experience and superb interpersonal and leadership skills.
They''re seeking an individual with the following personal and professional qualities:
- The ability to assimilate the market, therapy areas and information on products in order to create excellent strategy
- The ability to develop messages that effectively support brand vision and product positioning
- Professional authority and credibility when presenting/pitching to clients, thought leaders and colleagues
- A deep understanding of processes and principles which underpin the communication programme including publication planning and symposia
- The ability to develop strong relationships with scientific staff, commercial staff and opinion leaders
- Excellent medical writing skills and knowledge of CME
This is an exciting role that will see the winning candidate taking on a great position full of responsibility and influence. Don''t miss out, apply now!
For this and similar vacancies, please contact Gary Hoult on 020 7788 4343 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Scientific Director, Senior Editorial Director, Medical Communications, Med Comms, Medical Education, Med Ed, Medical Communications agency, Scientific Communications, Scientific Comms, Healthcare Communications, Pharmaceuticals, Pharma Cheshire. Scientific Director, Senior Editorial Director, Medical Communications, Med Comms, Medical Education, Med Ed, Medical Communications agency, Scientific Communications, Scientific Comms, Healthcare Communications, Pharmaceuticals, Pharma Cheshire.