Formed in 2009 as a sister company to established PR and Advertising agencies, our client is the medical communications arm of a large privately owned global communications network. To support the current phase of expansion, our client is looking for dynamic and motivated client services staff to help take the business to a new level. Amongst other positions, our client is looking for an innovative and creative Senior / Account Director to integrate into the existing client management team. This position would suit an experienced Senior Account Manager or Account Director looking for career progression in a fast-moving environment.
- Lead and grow a client account team, working to gain the respect of the staff whilst striving for excellence.
- Direct and manage the client accounts assigned to you.
- Take a proactive approach to client liaison and strategic consultancy / direction.
- Build relationships with clients to gain their trust and respect client confidentiality at all times.
- Demonstrate effective time management and the ability to delegate tasks.
- Optimise project management and demonstrate good forward planning and anticipation of client needs.
- Work with your line manager to provide regular updates and reports.
- Undertake all aspects of budget management and tracking, including timely invoicing and accurate reconciliation, to ensure account profitability.
- Identify opportunities to grow existing business and develop new business in target areas.
- Develop proposals and budgets for new and existing clients.
- Confidently present new business pitches and proposals to new and existing clients.
- Take responsibility for the line management of staff assigned to you and assist with resourcing and recruitment into the team.
- Support and assist with the coaching, development and training of team members.
- Contribute to shared general duties and office administration.
- Science or life science degree.
- At least 5 years’ related experience, with a minimum of 3 years in medical education, medical communication or medical consultancy positions.
- Excellent client management and client communication skills.
- Proven project management and organisational skills.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Strong commercial awareness with good financial management skills.
- Creative, innovative, and strategic thinking.
Account Director, Senior Account Director, healthcare communications, medical communications, medical education, medical marketing, project management, client services, meetings management, business development.
Posted: 04/05/2012 | NPJ Ref: 81478