New opportunities have arisen for one of our global clients further to a consolidation of their business and relocation of staff to their central London office. Our client is now looking for key individuals with drive and determination who are keen to help raise the profile of the company and grow the business. Amongst other positions, we are looking to recruit an experienced Senior Account Manager into our client’s London office to manage a client services team with fee revenue up to £600K.
This position will suit a candidate looking for career progression within account management who is dynamic, ambitious, and a team player. For all staff, progression and promotion within the company is encouraged.
- Manage a Client Services team with responsibility for fee revenue of £600K.
- Optimise and grow revenue from existing client accounts.
- Provide timely and accurate budgets for all projects and ensure that all relevant data are provided to the Finance team for financial planning and revenue recognition.
- Convert proposed business to awarded in a timely manner and raise invoices promptly.
- Ensure that appropriate processes and operating procedures are in place to facilitate management and delivery of projects and programmes of work to expected standards of client satisfaction.
- Provide strategic input into key accounts.
- Maintain client relations at a high level to support and grow the business.
- Support pitches, proposals and other new business activities for existing and new clients as and when required.
- Take responsibility for the line management and mentoring of a small team of Account Managers and Assistant Account Managers, and support appropriate training of staff.
- Provide an effective interface between the client services team, medical writing and editorial resources, and creative services and optimise utilisation of all resources and skills.
- Promote the positive vision of the company.
- Science graduate with at least 3 years’ experience in a leading medical communications agency.
- Proven experience supporting one or more of the ‘Top 10’ pharmaceutical clients.
- Good understanding of the pharma industry in general, and specific knowledge of drug development.
- Good understanding of the medical communication offerings – e.g., strategic publication planning, KOL development, all aspects of meetings management, e-media channels, etc.
- A creative and ‘solutions’-based approach to business needs and challenges.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven leadership combined with the ability to motivate and mentor staff.
- Excellent people management, project management and organisational skills.
- In depth understanding of the commercial process with strong financial management skills.
Business Unit Head.
Senior Account Manager, healthcare communications, medical communications, medical education, drug development, medical marketing, project management, strategic publication planning, KOL development, client services, business development.
Posted: 10/05/2012 | NPJ Ref: 81686