Background:This privately owned international medical communications group provides global and national experience and support to the pharmaceutical industry. This Agency has gone from strength to strength over the last few years and has built a strong client base as a result of its excellent service and high standards of work. They are now looking for a Senior Account Manager to work with a team in one of its divisions.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE:
As a Senior Account Manager you will be responsible for managing a range of scientific communications ensuring the timely and efficient implementation of projects. More specifically you will take responsibility for:
• Client relations – manage relationships with clients as well as with medical opinion leaders; drawing on scientific and commercial expertise to act as a trusted advisor
• Project management of several projects – develops strategic marketing plans with client and ensures their timely delivery to the client’s complete satisfaction
• Coordinate internal project teams; identify resourcing needs and monitor budgets and manage projects through to successful and timely completion
• Provide progress reports to client under supervision
• Attending conferences, scientific symposia and advisory boards in the UK and abroad as required
• Budgeting – prepare budgets and ensure internal cost control ensuring adherence to agreed budgets
• Business development – marketing analysis in order to identify new business opportunities both with new and existing clients; participate in new business presentations
• Management – coach and support more junior team members; provide feedback on completed projects
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE SOUGHT:
We are looking for an experienced Account Manager/Senior Account Manager with previous experience working in a healthcare communications or pharmaceutical environment. Candidates should be life science graduates, ideally with a Ph.D. or with an appropriate combination of education and experience with a passion for medical education.
The successful candidate will demonstrate business and client awareness, creative thinking and problem solving and an understanding of the role of medical education in the Client’s marketing strategy. In return you will be joining a truly international Agency with a sound strategy for business growth and an excellent reputation in the healthcare communications marketplace.
Posted: 28/05/2012 | NPJ Ref: 82437