Our client is a rapidly expanding Medical Communications Agency based near Manchester.
They are now seeking a Senior Editorial Assistant to assist the Medical Editorial teams in the development and delivery of high quality medical education and communications materials for the pharmaceutical industry and other educational bodies . Also to lead, train and coordinate support staff, and to encourage best practice, efficiency and use of robust processes .
Key duties include;
- Lead and coordinate support resource (Editorial Assistants [EAs]) within individual account teams and across the agency, through short-term and mid-term planning and allocation of EA workloads. Proactively highlight resource gaps and recommend solutions (e.g. identify capacity within the agency or HCN, freelancers)
- Train, mentor and develop EAs within the agency (including induction training).
- Provide input into and deliver specific training programmes (e.g. publication plan database management, Reference Manager System, studio database, Checkpoint) and become a proficient user of these
- Where appropriate, assume line management responsibility for EAs, including performance management
· Maintain an excellent understanding of Good Publication Practice (GPP) and Healthcare Professional Compliance (HPC) and highlight potential compliance concerns to appropriate team members
· Maintain and apply an excellent knowledge of Word software.
Key skills required;
· Scientific/medical/publishing background is an advantage
· Coaching/training/mentoring skills
· Where appropriate, excellent line management skills
· Excellent team skills and ability to work on own initiative and to direct others
· Forecasting/resource planning and resource management skills
· Expert knowledge of Word software
· Proficiency in the use of common computer software (e.g. PowerPoint, Excel, Internet searching) and willingness to learn about new systems/other software (e.g. Access, online and other databases)
· Excellent knowledge of GPP and good understanding of HCN compliance
· Copyright law and procedures
· Attention to detail
· Ability to multitask and prioritise tasks
· Good copy-editing and English language skills (grammar, style considerations – familiar with in-house style and client product style preferences)
Great Opportunity to join a successful MedComms Agency.
Interested? Email your CV now!