NextPharmaJob.com is dedicated to putting job seekers looking for pharmaceutical industry jobs in touch with recruiters and employers.
Our client is a boutique medical communications agency based in Oxfordshire. They are seeking a senior medical writer to join their team and work on UK domestic and international accounts.
The Senior Medical Writer is responsible for the development and delivery of scientific/medical publications (e.g. primary papers, review articles, editorials, abstracts, posters), presentations and meeting materials. These materials will be produced to the highest possible scientific and editorial standards achievable and meet the client''''s strategic communication objectives.
The Senior Medical Writer will work with the client services and editorial team to develop high-quality publications, presentations, and meeting materials for agreed clients that are in-line with the client''''s objectives and which support key marketing messages.
- To ensure that publications are produced to the agreed specifications and quality
- Liaise with Account Director regarding the status of the publication plans, possibilities for new publications, changes in specifications and other parameters that will affect the budget and regular updates on client contact
- Liaise with the Client; involving some face-to-face meetings as well as phone and e-mail contact to discuss strategy and key messages and interpretation of data as well as content of manuscripts
- Liaise with authors (external opinion leaders or internal researchers) to discuss content, comments and journal choices
- Work with congress organisers to discuss suitability, submissions and review process
- To commission Freelance Writers and Editors, brief on content, review draft manuscript, request revisions and feedback on quality
- Liaise with Designers and production companies
- Developing an understanding of different scientific/clinical areas rapidly and keeping abreast of the literature within the project areas
- Developing an understanding of the strategic communications process and participate in internal and external team meetings to identify appropriate vehicles to disseminate key messages
- Ensuring that all the elements within the communication plan are on-schedule, and that clients, authors and internal team members are updated on progress regularly
- Conducting desk research, preparing presentations and other supporting documents as required to support strategic communication plans for client
- Maintaining excellent written and oral communication skills to ensure clear, accurate and concise communication to clients, authors and suppliers
- Developing agendas for meetings which deliver the right key messages for the target audience
- Writing clear outlines for manuscripts, presentations and other projects for the client to assess
- Working with a team of internal and external staff to ensure publications are produced which meet the brief, within the agreed budget and time frame
- Drafting primary papers, review articles, editorials, abstracts, posters and short communications to agreed timelines and within budget
- Incorporating author/client comments and dealing with the review process
- Attending advisory board meetings and preparing accurate minutes
- Attending conferences and producing agreed publications
- Editing manuscripts for style as required
- Proofreading accurately as required
- Coaching and providing feedback to trainee medical writers
- Developing and implementing project schedules with the Project Manager
- Assisting in the development of new business pitches and contributing to the ongoing development of existing accounts
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Life science degree, preferably higher degree
- Previous experience of creating and developing medical marketing materials preferably gained in an agency environment
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Excellent attention to detail
Great salary and package including pension. For more details contact Jon Gawley on 01932 797996.
Posted: 09/05/2012 | NPJ Ref: 81593