Will consider London based candidates if able to work one day from Oxford after 1st 3 months based in Oxford Office.
Role : provision of medical writing, editing and proof-reading services to account teams.
Secondary : Internal team communications, client liaison.
Medical Writing and Editing:
- Be aware of the stages of a project that may require medical writing, editing and proof-reading.
- Confirm specification for each project (e.g. objectives, target audience, word count) with the Editorial Director/Account Manager/Account Director as appropriate.
- Work within the job specification, including time allocation and agreed budgets, flagging up any variances in advance to the account team.
- Undertake writing of manuscripts as required by account teams. (N.B. "manuscript" refers to all types of writing work, including clinical papers and PowerPoint slides.)
- Ensure writing work is of high scientific and literary standards and meets objectives.
- Undertake research in the therapy area to allow effective writing.
- Be aware of the editorial style required.
- Highlight areas where feedback is required from client or author, so that any queries are clear to the account team and the client/author.
- Provide sets of validated references as required, working in collaboration with the account teams.
- Understand the process of editing a manuscript (including illustrations, tables and references), journal proofs and printer colour proofs.
- Develop an eye for detail and ensure consistency within and between relevant documents.
- Incorporate editorial comments and solve queries to present a ''finished'' final document to the account team.
- Develop an understanding of the different types of proof-reading - rough reading and close reading - and when they should be used.
- Learn proof-reading marks and use when appropriate.
Posted: 09/07/2012 | NPJ Ref: 83858