An exciting opportunity has arose for VP of Client Services for a leading Medical Communications company. This role will be based in south Gloucestershire, under direction from the SVP, provide overall strategic and commercial direction of the business unit so that the objectives of the client(s) and division are met. A leadership role, which involves developing long-term, effective client business relationships at the brand director and department head level. Delivering sustained business growth across a portfolio of products/clients whilst identifying new business opportunities outside existing clients. Driving talent management for a large commercially-focused team, plus recruiting high-calibre candidates in line with business demands.
* Able to lead/participate in discussions on marketing strategy/ product positioning
* Ability to provide facilitation services for client and physician meetings
* Able to provide direction for scientific content
* Able to lead communications strategy meetings
* Able to propose and direct delivery of creative/innovative programmes that meet client
* Contribute to refinement of business planning/monitoring process.
* Custodian of business planning/monitoring process within unit.
* Effective forecasting of business for each account in the unit, enabling proactive management of team and external resources to maximise profitability.
* Make pricing decisions/negotiations; supporting team in developing negotiation skills.
* Lead business development in unit with existing clients.
* Lead pitches, as appropriate, working with cross-functional team.
* Excellent presentation, facilitation and influencing skills.
* Ability to rapidly evaluate new business opportunities and provide clear guidance to team/client to bring new business into the company.
* Key member of Agency management team
* Active member of the senior management group
* Business Unit leadership and motivation
* Leadership of client facing teams
* Develop relationships across divisions and departments; issue handling
* Awareness of impact of account growth on overall resource and workload
* Appraisals and objective setting for team
* Recommendations on bonuses/salary increases
* Coaching, training, delegation and developing staff within the unit - and across the division/departments as appropriate.
* Driver of talent management, including playing a role within the Mentoring Programme
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Relevant commercial and operational experience within the pharmaceutical industry and/or medical communications agency environments with a demonstrable track record of handling brands across the pharmaceutical product lifecycle, from pre-through peri and post launch and portfolio brand management.
* Evidence of development and delivery of strategic/ tactical communication/publications plans
* Senior leader, and motivator, high level networker
* Ability to lead discussion on marketing strategy, product positioning, and influence direction and content for brands at all stages of lifecycle.
* Able to generate creativity in others and able to deliver through others
* Confident and decisive, determined and committed
Fforde is acting as a recruitment agency/business.
KEYWORDS: Vice President, Healthcare, Medical Communications, Medical Education, Gloucestershire, Client Service, Pharmaceutical, Sales, Marketing