NextPharmaJob.com is dedicated to putting job seekers looking for pharmaceutical industry jobs in touch with recruiters and employers.
Similar jobs you may be interested in:
Account Manager opportunity in Berkshire. Competitive salary!
UK - Home Counties
Senior Account Executive, Healthcare PR, London, Salary dependent on experience plus excellent benefits
UK - London
Account Director, Medical Communications, London, Competitive Salary + Benefits
UK - London
Account Director – Respiratory / Allergy, Medical Education, London, Competitive Salary
UK - London
Account Manager / Senior Account Manager – Respiratory / Allergy, Medical Education, London, Competitive Salary
UK - London
To receive a FREE weekly email alert of all the latest pharmaceutical industry jobs added to our database enter your email address below.
Submit | Tell me more...
Under direction from the SVP, provide overall strategic and commercial direction of the business unit so that the objectives of the client(s) and division are met. A leadership role, which involves developing long-term, effective client business relationships at the brand director and department head level. Delivering sustained business growth across a portfolio of products/clients whilst identifying new business opportunities outside existing clients. Driving talent management for a large commercially-focused team, plus recruiting high-calibre candidates in line with business demands.
Client Relationship Development:
- Able to lead/participate in discussions on marketing strategy/ product positioning
- Ability to provide facilitation services for client and physician meetings
- Able to provide direction for scientific content
- Able to lead communications strategy meetings
- Able to influence overall direction/content of brand strategy with credibility and influencing skills
- Able to propose and direct delivery of creative/innovative programmes that meet client needs
- Development of overall client relationship to support the account team
- Issue handling - supporting the team or directly with client if required
- Final responsibility for delivery of revenue target for own unit but also with a broader focus on development of group business, including achievement of business-wide targets and profitability.
- Contribute to refinement of business planning/monitoring process.
- Custodian of business planning/monitoring process within unit.
- Effective forecasting of business for each account in the unit, enabling proactive management of team and external resources to maximise profitability.
- Make pricing decisions/negotiations; supporting team in developing negotiation skills.
- Broader knowledge of multiple client contracts, MSAs, understanding and communication of implications and input into all pricing decisions/ negotiations.
- Lead business development in unit with existing clients.
- Lead pitches, as appropriate, working with cross-functional team.
- Excellent presentation, facilitation and influencing skills.
- Ability to rapidly evaluate new business opportunities and provide clear guidance to team/client to bring new business into the company.
- Key member of Agency management team
- Active member of the senior management group
- Business Unit leadership and motivation
- Leadership of client facing teams
- Develop relationships across divisions and departments; issue handling
- Resource management within unit and, along with medical & scientific services managers, in the account team
- Awareness of impact of account growth on overall resource and workload
- Appraisals and objective setting for team
- Recommendations on bonuses/salary increases
- Coaching, training, delegation and developing staff within the unit - and across the division/departments as appropriate.
- Driver of talent management, including playing a role within the Mentoring Programme
- Staff recruitment and succession planning.
- Issue management and resolution.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Relevant commercial and operational experience within the pharmaceutical industry and/or medical communications agency environments with a demonstrable track record of handling brands across the pharmaceutical product lifecycle, from pre-through peri and post launch and portfolio brand management.
- Evidence of development and delivery of strategic/ tactical communication/publications plans
- Senior leader, and motivator, high level networker
- Ability to lead discussion on marketing strategy, product positioning, and influence direction and content for brands at all stages of lifecycle.
- Problem solving.
- Creative thinker
- Able to generate creativity in others and able to deliver through others
- Strong selling skills
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Confident and decisive, determined and committed
- Clarity and sound judgement
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills
An excellent salary and benefits package awaits the successful candidate. For more information please call Jon Gawley on 01932 797996.
Posted: 05/07/2012 | NPJ Ref: 83749